This build is my first build and is also the longest. I started this back in early 2018 and stopped in middle discouraged by the way the airbrush/compressor combo operated. I restarted this build after getting a new air compressor which works well and also allows controlling the air pressure based on the medium you are spraying.
Here’s some notes from the build.
Revell, P-47M Thunderbolt at 1/72.
I used the following colors:
- Fuselage/Wings: Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab
- Base: Tamiya XF-4 Yellow Green
- Accent on Wing and Fin: Mix of Tamiya XF-4 Yellow Green and Tamiya XF-57 Buff (6:4 Ratio)
- Primer: Vallejo Primer Black
- Weathering: Using Oil Wash
I made several mistakes during the build, but the biggest one was that I applied Matt Varnish directly using handbrush on the model after painting and it created a lumpy mess when it dried off.